The Sherburn Hungate Community Primary School Governing Body is made up of XXX governors. These include
- the headteacher (ex officio)
- one staff governor (elected based on the school leadership audit)
- 1 Local Authority appointed governor
- 5 parent governors (elected by parents)
- 8 community governors (co-opted by the Governing Body)
All governors, with the exception of the headteacher, are appointed for a four year term. The Clerk to the Governing Body, Paul Gregory, supports the governors in an administrative and advisory capacity. When parent governor vacancies arise, details on the nomination process are sent to all parents in the school.
The governing body is responsible for the conduct of our school, and must promote high standards of educational achievement at the school. It is the school’s accountable body and as such:
- provides a strategic view of the school by establishing a vision and setting the purpose and aims of the school within an agreed policy framework. It appoints and performance manages the headteacher, agreeing the school improvement strategy which includes setting statutory targets with supporting budgets and staffing structures;
- monitors and evaluates the work of the school by reviewing the performance of the headteacher, the effectiveness of the policy framework, progress towards targets, and the effectiveness of the school improvement strategy;
- signs off the self evaluation process and responds to school improvement service and Ofsted reports as necessary. In addition it holds the headteacher to account for the performance of the school and ensures that parents are involved, consulted and informed as appropriate, with information to the community being made available as required.
Governing Body Groups/Committees 2017-2018
|Complaints Committee||Appeals Committee||Headteacher Review Committee|
|Claire Sutton (Chair)||David Catton (Chair)||Peter Ball|
|Bruce Scriven||Kelly Summersgill||Bruce Scriven|
|Peter Ball||Jenny Prescott||Donna Makepeace (Advisor)|
|Finance, Personnel & Staffing Committee||Curriculum & Policy Review Committee||Health & Safety/Premises Committee|
|David Catton||Sian Ball/Bobbi Horner||David Catton|
|Claire Sutton||Martyn Broom||Sian Ball/Bobbi Horner|
|Martyn Broom||Jenny Prescott||Martyn Broom|
|Jenny Prescott||Kelly Summersgill||Jenny Prescott|
|Bruce Scriven||Paul Gregory (Clerk)||Christine Sterry|
|Paul Gregory (Clerk)|
Claire Sutton, Jenny Prescott & Peter Ball are members of the Pay Review, Staff Disciplinary/Dismissal and Pupil Discipline Sub Committee.
David Catton, Martin Otter & Kelly Summersgill are members of the Pay Review Appeals, Staff Disciplinary/Dismissal Appeals & Pupil Discipline Appeals Committees.
Governors with Key Areas of Responsibility
Claire Sutton is the lead governor for Safeguarding.
Kelly Summersgill is the lead governor for Key Stage 1 & the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Claire Sutton is the lead governor for Key Stage 2.
Bruce Scriven is the lead governor for Pupil Groups.
Jenny Prescott is the lead governor for the Junior Leadership Team.
Governor Business/Financial Interests
|Name||Finance Interest||Business Interest||Details|
|Claire Sutton||None||Yes||Headteacher at another school|
|Bruce Scriven||None||Yes||Governor at another school|
|Kelly Summersgill||Yes||Yes||Childcare Provider at Sherburn Hungate|
|Jenny Prescott||None||Yes||Local Parish Councilor|
|Peter Ball||None||Yes||Governor at another school|
|David Catton||None||Yes||Local Businessman|
Contact the Chair of Governors - Mrs Claire Sutton
You can contact our Chair of Governors, Mrs Claire Sutton, by telephoning the main school office on 01977 682434. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.